Sunday, September 16, 2007

Euphoria...

hmmm... just yesterday, participated in this yamaha piano competition. I tell you... it was TIRING. Had to go there at 11.45pm and it ended at like 5 pm. Oh well.. here's how it went.

At 12pm. They sorta briefed us on how we should go up, bow and all the rehearsal stuff thingy. As I went in. The scene was sorta awkward. I was like the oldest and the tallest and it was soooooo weird. >.< but well. Those people were treating us like little kids. (well most of them were.) and then we just sat, waited, chatted. I met a few guys by the name of clarence, Timothy Teo (not lim), Nicholas and that's about it. We sorta talked for a long time. Omg. Then the competition began. I was like "omfg". Kids of 8 years old played with the sorta standard that could easily thrash us. oh well. I was really really really nervous. By the time it was my turn, I thought I would just give it a shot. so I went up and performed.

One was the Nocturne Op Posthumous. Soundtrack of the Pianist and the other one was a debussy prelude. Thought I did ok. and so it turned out to be OK. Got third prize and went home happy. =)

After that went for dinner with mom and sherman, then went home with them and watched sherman play maple and help him with some of his assignments. Then. I was tired. ack. did absolutely no work at all that day. So that sums up a perfect day for me! =)

I just hope that I have enough time to study. I think I better buck up. NOW.

No comments: